To ensure the health and safety of our residents, staff, and volunteers, Jerusalem House has modified our volunteer engagement opportunities.
To find out about our current menu of group service projects, please contact our Manager of Volunteer Services, Robin Reid at email@example.com.
Corporate teams, church groups, fraternities/sororities, civic groups, and others can have a great team-building experience at Jerusalem House. From painting and landscaping projects to hosting social activities for our residents, group service projects are a great way to give back and make a positive impact!
- Home Improvement – Perform a routine maintenance project such as painting, cleaning, organizing, landscaping, weeding, trimming, planting, and raking leaves.
- STEM Program Session – Coordinate and facilitate a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics educational activity for youth. Must provide the necessary materials and supplies for all activity components.
- College/Career Training Session – Coordinate and host a career planning session on topics such as college application requirements, essay writing, job search strategies, soft skills, resume writing, interviewing techniques, etc.
- Onsite Event/Social – Coordinate and host an onsite social event such as a holiday dinner party, movie night, or barbeque for residents. Volunteer group will be responsible for setup and teardown and must provide all the necessary food items and supplies for the event.
- Offsite Event/Social – Coordinate and host an offsite activity such as bowling, a picnic in the park, a trip to the museum, etc., for residents. Transportation must be provided for residents and the driver (s) must have a valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle.
To schedule a Group Service Project, you must:
- Complete the group volunteer interest form
- Have each member complete the onsite group volunteer liability waiver form
- Have each member attend the onsite orientation on the day of service project
Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
To get started complete and submit the group volunteer interest form.
Once your group volunteer interest form has been received by Jerusalem House you will be contacted by the Manager of Volunteer Services.
To ensure an impactful volunteer experience for your group we ask that you submit your request 4 – 6 weeks in advance of your desired volunteer date. We will try our best to accommodate your request.
For additional information contact our Volunteer Manager.