These are just a few of the ways you can volunteer at Jerusalem House. If you have an idea you don’t see here, let us know!
- Learning Center Tutor – Provide educational support to a resident youth by assisting with homework, basic skills, test preparation, literacy, computer programming, arts and crafts, etc. For consistency and student success, volunteers are strongly encouraged to commit for the entire school year (August – May).
- Recreation Center/Playground Coordinator – Engage children and youth in healthy social interaction by playing games, coordinating fun activities, and promoting positive self-esteem.
- Social Activities Coordinator – Help plan and facilitate social activities for residents such as movie night, book club, monthly birthday parties, barbeques, holiday parties, etc.
- Resource Assistant – Work closely with one to two adult residents to help guide them in identifying, planning and working towards individual life goals (examples: securing a job, obtaining a GED, learning a new skill). May provide guidance in a group setting for residents working towards a common goal.
- Special Event Assistant – Work closely with Jerusalem House staff to help prepare for and execute annual fundraising events such as Stars Party and Silent Auction. Tasks may include sorting/packing event supplies, as well as set-up and tear-down at event venues.
- Clothes Closet Coordinator – Assist with picking up and delivering donated clothing from donor to Jerusalem House facilities, sorting, and organizing. Requires a current driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle.
- Maintenance – Help maintain the physical appearance of the residential facilities and grounds through periodic yard work, landscaping and small in-house repairs.
- Community Advocacy/Speaker’s Bureau – Represents Jerusalem House before various groups, in business settings and formal events and advocates for agency initiatives.